Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Iron Knight - 5 Star Review


Title: The Iron Knight
Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: The Iron Fey #4
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Page Count: 400 Pages
Published: October 25, 2011 by Harlequin Teen
Rating: 5/5


Ash, former prince of the Winter Court, gave up everything. His title, his home, even his vow of loyalty. All for a girl… and all for nothing.
Unless he can earn a soul.

To cold, emotionless faery prince Ash, love was a weakness for mortals and fools. His own love had died a horrible death, killing any gentler feelings the Winter prince might have had. Or so he thought.
Then Meghan Chase—a half human, half fey slip of a girl— smashed through his barricades, binding him to her
irrevocably with his oath to be her knight. And when all of Faery nearly fell to the Iron fey, she severed their bond to save his life. Meghan is now the Iron Queen, ruler of a realm where no Winter or Summer fey can  survive.
With the (unwelcome) company of his archrival, Summer Court prankster Puck, and the infuriating cait sith Grimalkin, Ash begins a journey he is bound to see through to its end— a quest to find a way to honor his solemn vow to stand by Meghan’s side.
To survive in the Iron realm, Ash must have a soul and a mortal body. But the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible. At least, no one has ever passed to tell the tale.
And then Ash learns something that changes everything. A truth that turns reality upside down, challenges his darkest beliefs and shows him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.
*Received a copy from Netgalley for an honest review*

My Review:

Now that was an epic journey! I was completely immersed in Ash's voyage to the end of the world. I actually preferred his point of view to Meghan's, as he actually knew what was going on, and exactly how much danger they were in. Puck and Grim were hilarious and entertaining as usual, and the cast of other characters were both unexpected, and wonderful.

There were a few different points in the story where I would think, "shouldn't this be the end?" just to have a giant twist come out of nowhere and knock my socks off.

This is a great series, and I am so thrilled that Julie took her editor's advice and added this book. It brought everything together and tied up some of the loose ends that left you hanging at the end of The Iron Queen.

I loved every minute of reading The Iron Knight!

* As a side note, since it took me so long to get down my TBR pile and read this one, my paperback copy had already arrived - so I read both the galley from Netgalley and the hard copy. My only complaint about this book is the printing. I thought that the rough edges were a neat touch when I bought it, but I found it hard to turn the pages and that took away from my reading experience. I would suggest buying a copying with regular paper - there is a paperback and a hardcover.

Fav. Quote(s):

"I promised I'd find a way for us to be together. I intend to keep that promise." Ash (narrating) - pg 13

"What we had was a dream, and it was beautiful, but it was just a dream. It's time for us to wake up." Meghan - pg 135

"I never thought I'd see the day when Grimalkin was wrong." Puck - pg 209

"I am happy that you have finally found peace." Grim - pg 361


My Rating: 5/5


Other books in this series

(Click highlighted titles for my review)

Novels:

1 - The Iron King
2 - The Iron Daughter 5/5
3 - The Iron Queen 5/5
4 - The Iron Knight

Prequels and Short Stories:

1.5 - Winter's Passage
3.5 - Summer's Crossing
4.5 - Iron's Prophecy

You'll like this series if you liked

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, Need by Carrie Jones, Lament by Maggie Stiefvater, Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton

Links 4 More:

Visit Author's Site


Add to your Goodreads

https://www.amazon.com/Iron-Knight-Fey-Book-ebook/dp/B005JSJU2M/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=iron+knight&qid=1567716739&s=gateway&sr=8-1



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment