Sunday, April 1, 2012

Soul Screamers #3 - My Soul to Keep - 4.5/5

Title: My Soul to Keep
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Soul Screamers - #3
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Page Count: Paperback, 296 pages.
Published June 1st 2010 by Harlequin Teen
Rating: 4.5/5
WHEN KAYLEE CAVANAUGH SCREAMS, SOMEONE DIES AND KAYLEE IS ABOUT TO SCREAM HER HEAD OFF…

Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.Until something does.

Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.And so is someone else…

~ My Review ~


I found My Soul to Keep to be much harder to read the second time through, because I knew exactly who was going to die, who was going to go crazy, and the plot twists that pop in to blow your mind. Not that I didn't totally enjoy every minute I spent in the amazingly crafted world Rachel Vincent created, it just hurt my heart to know everything that Kaylee was going to have to go through, again.

Kaylee has finally served her sentence out for the last time she saved someone's life, and she is just about to get some much deserved Nash time, when she finds herself right in the middle of another life of death situation. I really feel sorry for the poor girl. She is always trying to do the right thing and making these impossibly hard decisions, and all the thanks she seems to get is a heap-load of guilt and a month's grounding. I really want to like her dad, but really, his parenting methods drive me nuts.

This chapter in Kaylee's story focuses on the jocks of her school getting addicted to Demon's Breath. Kaylee and Nash are trying to put a stop to it before it gets too late without narking on his friends, and they have to protect Emma and Sophie from getting affected second hand--without being able to actually tell them anything.

Some things I was able to figure out pretty easily, and others were a complete shock. I have a favourite moment that includes someone getting hit over the head with a universal remote. This isn't my favourite book in the series because of how sad I feel at the end, but definitely a great book and a worthwhile read.

My Rating: 4.5/5




  Other books in this series (Click highlighted titles for my review)

1 - My Soul to Take
2 - My Soul to Save
3 - My Soul to Keep
4 - My Soul to Steal
5 - If I Die
6 - Before I Wake
7 - With All My Soul

Prequels and Short Stories:
0.1 - My Soul to Lose
0.2 - Reaper
0.3 - Fearless (Kiss Me Deadly - Anthology)
4.2 - Niederwald (Enthralled - Anthology)
5.1 - Never to Sleep


~Links 4 More~

Author Website: here
Add to your Shelfari: here
Add to your Goodreads: here
Buy it at Bookdepository (Free Shipping): here


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos





No comments:

Post a Comment