Thursday, April 5, 2012

In the Forests of the Night - 5/5

Title: In the Forests of the Night
Author: Kersten Hamilton
Series: The Goblin Wars - #2
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Adventure, Paranormal
Page Count: Paperback, 295 pages.
Published November 22nd 2011 by Clarion Books
Rating: 5/5
The battle against goblinkind continues . . . but which side will Teagan be on?

Teagan, Finn, and Aiden have made it out of Mag Mell alive, but the Dark Man’s forces are hot on their heels. Back in Chicago, Tea’s goblin cousins show up at her school, sure she will come back to Mag Mell, as goblin blood is never passive once awoken. Soon she will belong to Fear Doirich and join them. In the meantime, they are happy to entertain themselves by trying to seduce, kidnap, or kill Tea’s family and friends. Tea knows she doesn’t have much time left, and she refuses to leave Finn or her family to be tortured and killed. A wild Stormrider, born to rule and reign, is growing stronger inside her. But as long as she can hold on, she’s still Teagan Wylltson, who plans to be a veterinarian and who heals the sick and hurting. The disease that’s destroying her—that’s destroying them all—has a name: Fear Doirich. And Teagan Wylltson is not going to let him win.

~ My Review ~


I was so very exited when Kersten Hamilton gave me a copy of In the Forest of the Night, I loved Tyger, Tyger and was waiting eagerly for a sequel. I started reading it right away, and then life happened. I finally got the chance to finish it this week and not only could I sink back into her world effortlessly, I couldn't put it down.

Aiden remains on the very top of my supporting characters list, and the rest of the characters in this story aren't far behind. Finn is back in all of his sexy Irish charm, and Teagan continues on her journey of self-discovery.

Teagan is an excellent example of someone who was dealt a bad hand in life, but chooses to rise up above it, and become who she wants to be. My favourite quote from In the Forests of the Night is:

"There's no such thing as 'destiny,' Abigail. Just becoming. Choosing to become what you were created to be, or choosing to walk away from it."

That's kind of the theme in this book; Teagan choosing who she is going to be.

The end was far from resolved, but I wasn't mad at the cliffhanger, I was only eager to find out when the next book is due to be release so I can find out how this war is going to end!

*Received ARC from author through NetGalley for an honest review*

My Rating: 5/5





~ Other books in this series ~

(Click highlighted titles for my review)

~ You'll like this book if you liked ~

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, Lament by Maggie Stiefvater, or Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr


~Links 4 More~

Author Website: here
Add to your Shelfari: here
Add to your Goodreads: here
buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos





No comments:

Post a Comment