Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Harry Potter Book #5

Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Author: J. K. Rowling
Series: Harry Potter #5
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Page Count: 768 Pages (Paperback 960 pages)
Pub. Date: Hardcover, published in 2003 by Bloomsbury.
Rating: 5/5






Harry is furious that he has been abandoned at the Dursleys' house for the summer, for he suspects that Voldemort is gathering an army, that he himself could be attacked, and that his so-called friends are keeping him in the dark. Finally being rescued by wizard bodyguards, he discovers that Dumbledore is regrouping the Order of the Phoenix - a secret society first formed years ago to fight Voldemort. But the Ministry of Magic is against the Order, lies are being spread by the wizards' tabloid, the Daily Prophet, and Harry fears that he may have to take on this epic battle against evil alone.


~My Review~


Well this giant of a book took me waaay too long to read, but I am glad I did. I think that the Harry Potter series is getting progressively better with each book. I spent a great deal of this book irritated with Umbridge but I was completely hooked in by the story.

Harry is finally growing up in The Order of the Phoenix, making his decisions slightly more mature. I found it quite entertaining how clueless he was about girls, and the lectures from Hermione were excellent. I think that she should write a book too.

Harry had to face the challenge of following the rules, even when the one making them is out to get you, and you have less and less people around who you can trust. The grown-ups are keeping the students “sheltered” once again, only achieving in getting everyone into even more trouble when Harry and his friends have to find things out themselves, or get in a whole lot of trouble trying.

Overall I think that this one was my favourite so far, and I am going to try my hardest to at least read the sixth book before the final movie comes out this week!


My Rating: 5/5







~ Other books in this series ~

#1 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
#2 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
#3 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
#4 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
#5 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
#6 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
#7 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


~ You'll like this series if you liked ~

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins, or Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


~Links 4 More~

Author Website: here
Add to your Shelfari: here
Add to your Goodreads: here
Buy it at Bookdepository (Free Shipping): here


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment