Monday, January 10, 2011

Review of Entice by Carrie Jones


Title: Entice
Author: Carrie Jones
Series: Need, #3
Genre: YA, Fantasy (Faeries)
Page Count: 272 Pages
Rating: 5/5


(If you haven't read the first 2 books this review contains some spoilers)

Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever. But that’s not quite how things have worked out. For starters, well, Nick is dead. Supposedly, he’s been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it’s taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla? And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there’s that other small problem: Zara’s been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn’t just turned… She’s Astley’s queen.

My Review:

I always love it when the damsel in distress becomes the hero. Zara - who has shown her inner strength, but has ultimately needed to be protected in the past - is now one of the protectors. She can now fight along with her allies and go out in search of her lost wolf.

Zara and Astley's relationship gets explored more in this book. I was solidly team Nick for the first two books, but I grew to love Astley in Entice. The humble but strong pixie king was patient and kind. We find out more about his past and his family and the heartbreaks that he has survived to get where he is. I kept wanting to know more about him until I found myself totally conflicted over who Zara should end up with.

The war brewing in the shadows of Bedford is intensified and Entice sets up what is sure to be an epic battle in the next book. There were tragic losses and intense victories keeping me on the edge of my seat.

I was thrilled with this chapter in Zara's story and I can't wait to read the forth and final book! I'll leave you with one of my favourite quotes:

"My name is Zara White and I'm almost seventeen years old. I'm a pixie, and my boyfriend was killed by a pixie king with the ludicrous name of Frank."


My Rating: 5/5


Other books in this series:

#1 Need
#2 Captivate



You'll like this book if you liked:

Need by Carrie Jones, Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, Tithe by Holly Black, or The Iron King by Julie Kagawa.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Jones's writing is connected to her character. Readers are likely to get caught up in her world and will be anxious to reach the conclusion, hoping for the best. The titles for each chapter is a phobia, making even chapter beginnings exciting! The characters are fleshed out and are real to life. This book does not leave you disappointed: I've recommended it to all of my firends. This is a must-read for anyone who likes the supernatural genre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I love Carrie's writing style and character development. This series is one of the few that I didn't need to re-read the other books to remember what was going on and who was who.

    ReplyDelete