Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inside Out - Quick Review


Title: Inside Out

Author: Maria V. Snyder

Series: Insider, book #1

Genre: YA, Dystopian

Page Count: 320 Pages

Rating: 5/5


I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? Not like it's all that dangerous - the only neck I risk is my own. Until I accidently start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution. I should have just said no...


~ My Review ~

I have been itching to read this book since I heard about it. Maria Snyder is one of my favourite authors and she definitely delivered with Inside Out! Trella is a very likable character and I was drawn into her world of pipes and hidden spaces until the last page.

In the future that is Trella's present, she lives as a "scrub" and has the job of cleaning the air, heating, and water pipes that run throughout the world she knows as Inside. She is a "lower" part of the labour class of people born into service for the "uppers" - those who control Inside.

Her best and only friend Cog is always hoping for an escape, something beyond Inside. Trella knows that hoping only leads to pain, so she takes on a dangerous task to prove to him, and to herself, that there is nothing out there.

The character and plot development were well paced and the ending was satisfying while still leaving room for more (book 2 will be released Feb. 22 2011).

If you haven't read this yet you are missing out on a fantastic dystopian novel.


My Rating: 5/5

 


~ Other books in this series ~

#1 Inside Out, #2 Outside In


~ You'll like this book if you liked ~

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, Unwind by Neal Shusterman, or the Opal Cowen Series by Maria V. Snyder.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment