Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Shifters #5


Continuing with my re-read of the Shifters series before I finally get to read ALPHA - here is book 5...


Title: Shift
Author: Rachel Vincent

Series: SHIFTERS, book 5
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Page Count: 400 Pages
Rating: 5/5


TROUBLE IS IN THE AIR...
Being the first female werecat enforcer isn’t easy. Scars accumulate, but I’m stronger in so many ways.
As for my personal life? It’s complicated. Choices worth making always are. Ever since my brother’s death and my father’s impeachment, it’s all I can do to prevent more blood
from spilling. Now our Pride is under attack by a flight of vicious thunderbirds. And making peace with our new enemies may be the only way to get the best of our old foe.
With the body count rising and treachery everywhere, my instincts tell me to look before I leap. But sometimes a leap of faith is the only real option...

My Review:

Ah she gets me every time! I couldn't put it down, read all night to finish it. I have loved the way that Calvin is a constant annoyance and threat throughout the series but there are always more pressing issues and unavoidable bad guys popping up to keep him in the background.

I loved the thunderbirds, the aspect of the unknown and the mystery behind them and why they are attacking. The giant eagle-like birds formed a new and formidable foe that created real danger for Faythe's pride forcing them to delay the much anticipated war with Calvin. I found myself itching for the fight along with them.

The story unfolded perfectly and the crazy tension between Jace, Marc and Faythe was deliciously complicated. My heart was breaking for the three of them and the impossible position they are stuck in. Jace totally stepped up to bat in SHIFT and it only made me love him more, now if only I could smother my love for Marc too. I sympathize with Faythe and have no idea what I want her to do - my love for both boys makes me want to see them both get a happily ever after. *sigh* One of my favourite things about this series is the emotional roller-coaster from the very start.

Rachel was quite witty as usual, I had to stifle my laughter so I wouldn't wake my husband quite a few times during my all-night-read :) Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

My Rating: 5/5

Other books in this series:

#1 Stray, #2 Rogue, #3 Pride, #4 Prey, #6 Alpha

You'll like this series if you liked:

The Soul Screamers Series by Rachel Vincent, Riley Jensen Series by Keri Arthur, or Bitten by Kelley Armstrong.


*SIDEBAR*
I read pretty much straight through yesterday till this morning to finish ALPHA as well so I should be posting that review in the next couple of days. FYI it was fantastic!



No comments:

Post a Comment