Thursday, December 23, 2010

Shifters #4


Continuing with my re-read of the Shifters series here is book 4...


Title: Prey

Author: Rachel Vincent

Series: SHIFTERS, #4

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Page Count: 400 Pages

Rating: 5/5





Sometimes playing cat and mouse is no game… Play? Right. My Pride is under fire from all sides, my father's authority is in question and my lover is in exile. Which means I haven't laid eyes on Marc's gorgeous face in months. And with a new mother and an I-know-everything teenager under my protection, I don't exactly have time to fantasize about ever seeing him again. Then our long-awaited reunion is ruined by a vicious ambush by strays. Now our group is under attack, Marc is missing and I will need every bit of skill and smarts to keep my family from being torn apart. Forever.



My Review:

My thoughts from the first time around pretty much mirror how I felt the second time, so I'm just going to expand on them.

Heartbreaking! I am still sad from reading this one, don't get me wrong I loved every minute of it but, wow that was tear jerker.


I don't think that I've ever been this "team conflicted" either. I can always totally side with one guy over the other but I just can't choose between Jace and Marc, it's rough times. I don't know how Rachel is going make her choose but I can't wait to read Shift!

Faythe (which by the way every time I type comes out "fayther" because my brain thinks I'm typing father...random I know but it happens a lot) is let off the hook for infecting and then killing her ex-boyfriend, but at a cost - Marc is exiled to the free territory. When their brief re-union is abruptly interrupted by a gang of strays it sets off a war Faythe isn't prepared for and a series of losses that may well cripple her pride.

I couldn't put this one down either time I read it and it still had me crying real tears. How can one book be my favourite and least favourite in a series? I don't know but Prey managed to accomplish the task :)


My Rating: 5/5

Other books in this series:

#1 Stray, #2 Rogue, #3 Pride, #5 Shift, #6 Alpha


You'll like this series if you liked:

The Soul Screamers Series by Rachel Vincent, Riley Jensen Series by Keri Arthur, or Bitten by Kelley Armstrong.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment