Friday, August 20, 2010

My Love of Linger, by Maggie Stiefvater


Title: Linger
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Page Count: 368
Rating: 5/5
The sequel to Shiver and the second book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series.


The Longing.
Once Grace and Sam have found each other, they know that they must fight to stay together.
For Sam, this means a reckoning with his werewolf past. For Grace, it means facing a future that is less and less certain.
The Loss.
Into their world comes a new wolf named Cole, whose past is full of hurt and danger. He is
wrestling with his own demons embracing the life of a wolf, while denying the ties of being human.
The Linger.
For Grace, Sam, and Cole, life is a constant struggle between two forces --
wolf and human -- with love baring its two sides as well. It is harrowing and
euphoric, freeing and entrapping, enticing and alarming. As their world falls apart,
love is what lingers. But will it be enough?

My Review:

First off; Shiver is one of my all time favorite books, so I went into Linger with HIGH expectations. I actually only read the first 2 chapters over the span of a week (definitely not normal for me) because I was too afraid that I wouldn’t like where the story went after Shiver. I’m not going to give away anything for those who haven’t read it yet, so all I’ll say is that I am glad that I read it.

Grace and Sam continue their journey after the winter that almost claimed Sam for good. Now they have to deal with the loss of Beck and Jack, and the gain of the new wolves that have been left behind.

This is how we are introduced to Cole. Cole is one of the new wolves, and in Linger we get to read from his and Isabel’s perspectives as well. It adds a whole new flavor to the book. They brought sarcasm, sass and a whole other element to the story that filled in the corners perfectly.

Cole is determined to stay wolf, while Sam convinces himself that he’s really going to stay human, and Isabel is struggling with Jacks death while Grace is fighting to live.

I laughed, I cried and I let out a big frustrated sigh at the last page knowing I had to wait too long for the last book (Forever) to hit the shelves.

If you liked;

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, Need by Carrie Jones, or The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (or so I’m told I’m staring that series next week) this book/series should be on your TBR shelf.

My Rating: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment