Thursday, July 8, 2010

Darkest Powers by Kelley Armstrong

Review: The Darkest Powers Series by Kelley Armstrong (The Summoning, The Awakening, and The Reckoning)
Genre: Young Adult, ParanormalPage Count: 1168 Pages (combined)My Rating: 5/5





Book 1’s Excerpt / Description:


My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary.I don't even know what that means anymore.It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost—and the ghost saw me.Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone.To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens.Yet the home isn't what it seems.Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye.The question is, whose side are they on?It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House . . . before its skeletons come back to haunt me.The thing is how do I know who's on my side or who's betraying me?

My Review:


Is she crazy, or can she really see ghosts? A great book that keeps you guessing and wanting more. Very interesting, to start, I had no idea what to expect. It actually took me the first 4 chapters to realize I was reading a different series than I intended, but I'm glad I made the mistake because I really enjoyed it!

I read the whole series, and loved all 3 books. The characters were so well written and Kelley keeps you on your toes to the very end. I love it when a story isn’t predictable and it was certainly the case here!

Chloe was believable and age appropriate. She was totally likable and developed very well over the span of the series. I liked that she second guessed things and didn’t just believe in the supernatural because someone told her it was real. She fought to understand the truth and made her own decisions.

Derik; the tough guy with loads of attitude. I had a soft spot for Derik from the start and was very happy with the way his character grew and came out of his shell.

Simon; cute boy who’s sweet and artistic *swoon* what girl wouldn’t crust on him. I really liked how Kelley handled his relationship with Chloe, I won’t spoil anything but I found her approach very refreshing.

Of course there are so many other great characters in the series too. An awesome read, I wish that there were more than 3 books!

Still not sure? Library people! Read the first one, and you’ll be hooked :)

No comments:

Post a Comment