Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hush, Hush - by Becca Fitzpatrick

Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Series: Hush, Hush - #1
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal (Angels)
Page Count: 291
Rating: 5/5


For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan.She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her, not until Patch came along.With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust.Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends.She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide.And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life...


Plot in Under 10:

A sacred oath. A fallen angel. A forbidden love.



~My Review~

So I have to admit I picked this one up for the wicked cover-art. It was also recommended to me by a few people so I was very excited to read it. I loved the story and the characters but there was a lot of setup in the plot, which made it feel a little slow for me but will make for an awesome sequel.

The 3 things I loved most:
1) Patch: I liked that I didn’t get to know all of his secrets right away. I had to keep on digging to figure him out. He was dark and sexy and everything you hate to love.

2) I liked that Nora didn’t go running after the first boy to smile at her. It was so much more believable that she would try to deny her feelings for Patch.

3) The ending, I’m not going to spoil anything but I just loved the ending!




My Rating: 5/5





~ Other books in this series ~


1 - Hush, Hush
2 - Crescendo
3 - Silence

~ You'll like this book if you liked ~

Fallen by Lauren Kate, The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, or Halo by Alexandra Adornetto


~Links 4 More~

Author Website: here
Add to your Shelfari: here
Add to your Goodreads: here
Buy it at Bookdepository (Free Shipping): here


Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment