Thursday, June 10, 2010

...Bree Tanner


Title: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
Author: Stephenie MeyerGenre: Young Adult, Paranormal
Page Count: 192
Rating: 5/5




Plot in Under 10:

Newborn vampire trying to discover the truth about her creator.

Fans of The Twilight Saga will be enthralled by this riveting story of Bree Tanner, a character first introduced in Eclipse, and the darker side of the newborn vampire world she inhabits. In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree and the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion.

My Review

I actually feel a little strange, I created my tag/blog/persona around the theme of discovering other literature and art to love while I waited (and hoped) for Stephenie to write another Twilight book. But now I’m still left wanting more, I think I have an addiction, and of course now I’m still hoping for more to continue the series *shakes off the weird feeling* moving right along…

This untold story of the newborn army, as told by Bree, was a great read. I thought it was a little weird without chapter breaks but I got used to the idea and kind of liked the flow. 

The 3 things I loved most:
1) Bree: I loved Bree and was totally sad at the end even though I knew it was coming. She was well written and I really enjoyed her “voice” for the story.

2) I liked that it was a more realistic look into what a newborns mind would be like in the Twilight world. I was a little let down that Bella didn’t experience (and therefore I didn’t) the normal newborn mindset.

3) Obviously finding out what was really going on in Seattle was awesome and what Edward heard from Bree in the field to make him vouch for her.

*Side Note*


I also read the Twilight graphic novel for kicks, and quite enjoyed it. I wish that it was the whole thing in one volume but I guess that's just how it is :) I loved the illustrations, totally how I had most of them pictured while reading (before I saw the movie). Two thumbs up for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment